In practice since 2004, Attorney Lankford is a Daytona Beach business lawyer serving clients throughout Central Florida, serving a vast range of clients, including employees and independent contractors, small businesses and start-ups, medium-sized enterprises, and large corporations.
Attorney Lankford earned her degree from Davidson College in 2001. She then went on to earn her J.D. degree from Florida State University’s College of Law, graduating in 2004 and passing the bar exam shortly after that.
She started her legal career by joining the Raydon Corporation, working as the in-house legal counsel. She held this position from 2004 through 2012, when she went into private practice and established her own law office, the Lankford Law Firm. Additionally, Attorney Lankford is fluent in Spanish, enabling her to effectively communicate and serve a broader spectrum of clients.
Lankford Law Firm Offers Years Of Experience Helping Businesses With Their Legal Needs
As a business attorney, Lankford Law Firm provides a comprehensive range of services to her clients. In fact, she offers a one-stop shop of sorts for all of your business-related legal needs. Some of her many service offerings include:
- Company consulting services and business formation assistance, including the formation of business entities such as a corporation, LLC or partnership.
- Guidance developing a business plan and risk management strategy that serves to minimize risk, while maximizing profits.
- Reviewing and drafting business contracts and agreements, including asset purchase agreements, non-disclosure agreements, non-compete agreements, employment contracts, work-for-hire agreements, consulting contracts, severance agreements, lease agreements, and beyond.
- Offering guidance with the drafting of various policies and procedures, including company policies, hiring policies, and employee handbooks. She can also ensure these policies are in line with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Assisting with intellectual property issues, including copyrighting, trademarking, trade secrets and protecting intellectual property.
- Providing guidance for government contractors who need help and guidance to draft well-written bid proposals and negotiate on your behalf.
- Working with companies to address human resources issues and personnel-related problems, such as employee evaluations, hiring practices, and employee termination. Lankford Law Firm can help you take appropriate measures to avoid allegations of wrongful termination, ethics violations, or other accusations of wrongdoing.
- Consulting and offering legal advice in cases involving allegations of discrimination, sexual harassment, unfair hiring practices, and other legal matters.
- Negotiating business deals on your behalf and representing individuals and companies with negotiations and settlements.
Attorney Lankford has a range of different credentials, qualifications, and affiliations, including being a member of the Volusia County Bar Association, where she served as the co-chair of the solo/small law firm section from 2016 to 2018. She also is a member of the Daytona Chamber of Commerce and the Leadership Daytona Alumni Council. She is a graduate of Leadership Daytona Class XXXVII and was recognized for 40 under 40 in the 2017 Volusia/Flagler Business Report.
Melody is a member of an organization called Networking Connects Women, where she served as the Director from 2021 to 2022 and has served on its board of directors since 2013. She has held various officer roles, including Director, Parliamentarian, and Secretary. Networking Connects Women is an organization that strives to forge connections between female entrepreneurs, business owners, and female executives who are seeking to form new beneficial partnerships while maximizing their professional growth and driving success.
Additionally, Attorney Lankford is a board of directors member and served as chair from 2015 to 2017 for an organization called The Arc of Volusia. The Arc of Volusia is a group that is committed to providing unique learning and growth opportunities to adults who are living with developmental disabilities.
When she’s not dispensing legal advice, negotiating on behalf of her clients, or dealing with legal matters on her client’s behalf, Attorney Lankford can be found spending time with her family and serving on the School Advisory Council as a business representative in our local schools.
Contact Lawyer Lankford Law Firm for Your Business Law Needs
Whether you’re a freelancer who needs help drafting a work-for-hire agreement, requiring help starting a new company, or needing an experienced business attorney to offer sound legal advice, turn to Florida attorney Lankford.
Whatever your business legal needs may entail, you can proceed with confidence, knowing you’ve hired an experienced attorney who has the knowledge and experience required to minimize losses or stress while simultaneously maximizing your chances of seeing a positive resolution to any legal issues that do arise.
In addition, Attorney Lankford can come to your place of business. She works with clients throughout Daytona Beach and the surrounding region of Central Florida, including Volusia County, Brevard County, Flagler County, Orange County and Seminole County.
So, if you need help with a business law matter, contact Attorney Lankford, of Lankford Law Firm. She is now available to provide you with a fully confidential consultation session to discuss your legal matter. Contact the Lankford Law Firm for a consultation today at 850-888-8992 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Se Habla Español.